Blog Talk: Integrated Dermatology
Posts for tag: Acne Treatment
What you need to know about acne treatments
If you have acne, you are not alone. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, acne is the most common skin condition in the United States. You don’t have to suffer from acne because help is just a phone call away. Your dermatologists at Integrated Dermatology in West Palm Beach, FL want to help you have clear skin once again.
Acne is the result of your pores becoming clogged with bacteria, dead skin cells and excess oil. Your clogged pores come inflamed and swollen. If your pores become infected, you might see pus just underneath the surface of your skin. Acne can appear on your face, chest, shoulders and back. It can appear as blackheads or whiteheads, or large, painful welts. You might have learned that if you just leave them alone, they will go away. Leaving them unattended can be a bad idea because acne can leave scarring as it heals.
You don’t want to just live with acne because it makes you self-conscious about your looks and can lower your self-esteem. A better solution is to seek out the help of your dermatologists at Integrated Dermatology. They can help you with one of several acne treatments designed to clear up infection and resolve your skin issues.
Your West Palm Beach dermatologists at Integrated Dermatology may suggest:
- Topical and oral antibiotics to treat infected pores
- Tretinoin to help unplug and clear pores
- Benzoyl peroxide to reduce pore blockage
- Extraction to remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Acne treatments for hormone-related skin issues
The dermatologists at Integrated Dermatology can help you get relief from acne more quickly and completely than using over-the-counter products. So why put up with unsightly painful acne when help is just a phone call away. Call your dermatologists at Integrated Dermatology with three offices in West Palm Beach, FL today and look clean and clear tomorrow!
How Acne Forms
Treating Your Acne
- Benzoyl peroxide reduces blockages in the hair follicles that cause acne
- Oral or topical antibiotics treat infection present in skin pores
- Hormone therapy is used to treat hormonally induced acne, usually in older women
- Tretinoin helps break up material in whiteheads/blackheads and is one of the most common drugs used to treat acne
Take Control of Your Acne with Treatment with help from West Palm Beach, Integrated Dermatology
Understanding acne treatment:
- Benzoyl Peroxide
- Oral and Topical Antibiotics