Are You Dealing With Excessive Sweating?
How your dermatologists in West Palm Beach, FL, can help with your perspiration problem!
Sweating is a natural process that your body performs in order to cool itself down. However, regular excessive sweating can be an extremely uncomfortable experience. Hyperhidrosis is the clinical term for this condition, and you may have it if you periodically notice that one or two areas of your body are very sweaty, but the rest is completely dry. Common areas affected include your underarms, feet, palms of your hands, and your head.
Hyperhidrosis can be embarrassing, annoying, and inconvenient. Fortunately, there are effective treatments to deal with the condition. The dermatologists at Integrated Dermatology of West Palm Beach, in West Palm Beach, FL, offer a full range of dermatology services including hyperhidrosis treatment.
You can try a few simple tips to help you deal with hyperhidrosis. Remember to:
- Use antiperspirant daily, not just deodorant
- Wear loose clothing of natural fibers like cotton
- Change your socks at least twice each day
- Wear armpit shields to absorb perspiration
- Avoid spicy foods and alcohol, for they can increase sweating
There are several professional treatments for hyperhidrosis. Your dermatologist may suggest:
- Iontophoresis, which works by blocking the sweat glands; this treatment uses a weak electric current which is passed through a wet cloth or water. Treatment is painless and each treatment takes about 20 to 30 minutes to complete. 2 to 4 sessions are required each week, with maintenance sessions every 1 to 4 weeks. Iontophoresis take-home kits are also available.
- Botox injections, which reduce sweating in affected areas; Botox treatment only takes about 30 to 45 minutes to complete, with sweat reduction effects lasting for several months. You can also repeat Botox treatment if necessary.
If excessive sweating has become part of your life, it’s time to seek help from an expert. You don’t have to suffer from hyperhidrosis when help is just a phone call away. Call our West Palm Beach, FL, office today at (561) 964-6664!